The EasyControl is available in black and white.
Forever. The settings are stored on the EasyControl itself. When the thermostat is reconnected, it will connect to the Bosch internet server and retrieve the correct time and date.
In the event of a power cut:
- The EasyControl does not have power and the heating appliance is switched off.
- The EasyControl remembers last set settings.
- As soon as the power returns, the thermostat reboots, the current time is retrieved from the internet server and the appliance restarts according to the clock program.
No, automatic updates cannot be switched off. The thermostat automatically checks for updates on the server, which install automatically. The thermostat stays up-to-date so you can benefit from any product improvements.
No, the EasyControl is sold including the free EasyControl app. The app contains all the features you need and is available can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Yes, you can. Simply update the location in the app. You can also return the EasyControl to factory settings by pressing the thermostat’s reset button with a paper clip, but you will lose your current clock program. For more information, see the user manual.
For reference, it is highly recommended that you use a calibrated thermometer. Your installer can assist you with this. If necessary, you can calibrate the EasyControl in the app.
Application & Operations
Please refer to your appliance manual or contact your installer to confirm whether it supports thermal disinfection. If this feature is available, the EasyControl will show this in the app (in the hot water settings menu).
Yes, the EasyControl is a modulating thermostat. Modulating appliances with modulating thermostats regulate the temperature more efficiently than other heating systems. Please note: if the EasyControl is connected to an on/off appliance via the EasyControl Adapter, the heating system will not modulate.
In conjunction with the EasyControl Adapter you can also control on-off appliances. Thereby district heating (on-off) appliances are supported too.
No, EasyControl connects via Wi-Fi only meaning a wireless network is necessary.
- The EasyControl is compatible with EMS 1.0 and EMS 2.0 appliances from the following brands: Worcester, Bosch, Nefit, elm Leblanc, Vulcano and Buderus.
- With an EasyControl Adapter, the EasyControl is also compatible with appliances that use the OpenTherm protocol and appliances with an On/Off interface (between 18-230Vac).
The EasyControl supports the following type of appliances:
- Modulating Worcester Bosch boilers via the EMS connection
Also, when installed with the EasyControl Adapter:
please note: extra power socket needed):
- OpenTherm appliances
- On-off appliances
- District heating (on-off) appliances
The functions supported by EasyControl can vary depending on the appliance connected. For more information on the features supported please check our FAQs.
First of check that you have installed your EasyControl correctly as per the installation guide (PDF 3.4 MB) . We recommend that the EasyControl is installed by a competent person, find an accredited Bosch installer here .
If you still require assistance or dedicated controls team can be contacted via +381112052373
Only one EasyControl can be connected to one individual heating appliance. To control the temperature in the different rooms of you home, we recommend using the Smart Radiator Thermostats.
If the EasyControl is connected to a Bosch boiler, a connection resistor is not required. If you want to connect EasyControl to an OpenTherm boiler, consult the installation instructions of the desired OpenTherm boiler.
For now, the installation of the EasyControl requires a wired connection to the boiler.
The lowest temperature you can set is 5 °C. Your Bosch appliance is also equipped with frost protection.
Depending on the appliance type, this information might not be available for the EasyControl to display.
By default, the EasyControl thermostat is suitable for most new Bosch Combi boilers, in this instance the EasyControl Adapter can be used as a signal booster. A full compatibility list can be found here (PDF 0.0 MB)
When wanting to use an EasyControl with an older Bosch Combi or with another brand of heating appliance via the OpenTherm or 230v on/off connections a EasyControl adapter should be used.
If installing the EasyControl as a single channel time and temperature control in S and Y plan systems, the EasyControl adapter should be used.
Motion Sensor & Display
No, this is not possible. The display turns on automatically if something or someone is within a 1 meter radius of the thermostat, and it switches off after 5 minutes if no movement has been detected.
The 'proximity detection' can be switched off in the ‘Settings – Thermostat’ menu. If there is a mirrored surface in front of the EasyControl, the 'proximity detection' won’t work properly. If that is the case, switch off the 'proximity detection' function.
Please verify the settings in your app. It might be that proximity detection is turned off. This could also happen when the EasyControl is installed in front of mirrored surfaces. The settings of the proximity sensor can be changed in the EasyControl app.
The thermostat’s touchscreen is only as big as the circle. If you touch the screen outside of the circle and then swipe into it, the thermostat will not detect the movement.
It is possible to calibrate the EasyControl temperature measurement in the EasyControl app settings. The value can then be adjusted up or down. You can increase the temperature shown by adjusting the temperature in the app by 2 °C in steps of 0.5 °C and decrease as well.
The outdoor temperature is retrieved from the internet. Your location is defined when you set up the EasyControl app during the on-boarding wizard. These coordinates are used to define your local outdoor temperature. The outdoor temperature is used for Weather-Dependent Control. It can also be shown in the Heating Settings menu.
The EasyControl app supports several languages. Change the language settings on your smartphone in order to use the app in a different language.
Due to a recent data privacy development, there is a possibility that you will receive a message when opening the EasyControl app, saying that your Bosch ID requires a re-login. You will be automatically logged-out and will have to log-in again with your credentials. This is a special one-time case, to ask your consent for us to store your data according to the regulations, making sure you are fully in control of where your data is stored. Once you have logged-in again to your Bosch ID, you will not see this message again!
No, this is not currently possible. You would have to log out of one EasyControl, and into another.
- Apple ≥ iOS 12.
- Android ≥ 7.0.
Your Android smart device does not meet the minimum specifications.
If the smartphone is not protected, someone else can operate it if the ‘automatic login’ is activated in the EasyControl app. To prevent this, don’t use ‘Automatic login’. If you lost your smartphone with limited protection, you can reset your thermostat password on another connected device. If only one smart device is used, you can set your EasyControl back to factory settings using a paper clip (see installation and operation manual).
Your smart device is connected to your router via Wi-Fi. In case of a broken server connection, EasyControl uses the time on your smart device. To do so, open the EasyControl app. The clock program will continue to function properly.
The EasyControl has a default clock program. After a factory reset, the default clock program will be active again. You can change it according to your needs in the EasyControl App.
Each day there is a maximum of 6 switching points for central heating.
Clock Program/Domestic Hot Water (DHW)
No, the DHW temperature can only be set on your Worcester Bosch boiler. Consult the operating instructions of your boiler to see how this works.
Yes, appliances with instantaneous water heating will create hot water in the middle of the night. eco mode switches off DHW preparation at night and when “Sleep” and “Leave” are set in the clock program. That way, the boiler saves energy. After turning on the tap, it will take longer to get DHW because the warm-up function is switched off in eco mode. That means there is DHW in the middle of the night, but with a slightly longer waiting time.
The hot water auto mode heats DHW according the DHW clock program. Each day there is a maximum of 4 switch points for DHW.
Yes, you can. The ‘optimum start’ is activated by default. The desired temperature is then reached by the set time in the clock program. You can turn this function off if desired.
Menu – Scheduling – Heating – Optimum start in the EasyControl app.
- Does not work: ‘Optimum start’ is applied by default. You can (dis)able this function: Menu – Scheduling – Heating – Optimum start in the EasyControl app.
- Does not work properly: speak to the installer to check that your installation is configured correctly.
- When the EasyControl has just been installed, the thermostat still needs to learn the optimum start time.
During initial commissioning, the first user defines the EasyControl password. If you forgot the password and cannot access the EasyControl through its app then the EasyControl must be reset (please note: all settings will be lost). Please read the manual on how to reset the EasyControl.
The credentials are essential for gaining access to the EasyControl with a smart device. A sticker on the front cover of the quick reference guide contains the serial number and access code (alpha)numerical and in QR-code format. The (alpha)numerical credentials can also be found on the back side of the EasyControl thermostat. Fill in your credentials by using the QR-code scanner on the EasyControl app or type in your credentials manually .
Yes, it works without any problems.
Yes, but a number of technical and country-specific conditions must be met.
- Technical conditions:
- It needs to be a compatible appliance.
- A Wi-Fi connection needs to be available.
Technically your EasyControl thermostat works fine, however based on country-specific regulations, you may not be allowed to buy a boiler in your home country and install it abroad.
- EasyControl’s outside temperature information is only for your home country. This means that the correct outside temperature from the internet cannot be guaranteed, meaning the Weather-Dependent Control feature may not work abroad. To ensure that the correct outdoor temperature is detected, install a wired outdoor sensor. Please consult the installation manual for your boiler.
The EasyControl app defines the time zone based on the location of the thermostat. You can set a new time zone by changing your location.
No, it is not necessary for manual operation. For operation via your smart device, it is necessary. The reason for this is;
- The installer installs a new appliance and connects EasyControl to it. He or she can set the boiler to manual operation (without a Wi-Fi connection). The installation is now ready. Similar to other thermostats.
- When you – as a user – come home in the evening, you can set EasyControl up yourself:
- Enter your network’s Wi-Fi code into the EasyControl.
- Download the EasyControl app from the AppStore or Google Play.
- The EasyControl app helps you to set up the product through the on boarding wizard.
- Enter your credentials into the EasyControl app by scanning the QR code on the sticker on the front cover of the quick reference guide.
- Set your own password in the EasyControl app.
EasyControl is now ready for use!
Check the following summary or contact us
- Have you entered your EasyControl serial number and access code correctly?
- Have you entered your EasyControl app password correctly? The app reports if the incorrect password is used.
- Is the EasyControl connected to the Wi-Fi network?
- Is the Wi-Fi network connected to the internet?
- Execute a soft reset: remove EasyControl from the black plate, wait 10 seconds and place it back again.
- The router has an incorrect IP address assigned to EasyControl. Log in to the router via e.g.http://192.168.1.1 and enter the username and password (these are on the router's sticker). Reset the router software. New IP addresses are assigned.
No, the EasyControl just keeps working. If there is no internet, there is also no internet time meaning the clock program could deviate in the long run without synchronisation. In that case, it’s wise to open the app on the smart device so the EasyControl can automatically adopt the time on the device.
If your router's Wi-Fi signal is not strong enough to connect EasyControl, you can improve it with a Wi-Fi extender/repeater.
- DHCP available and enabled
- WEP-128, WPA or WPA2 encryption
- SSID not hidden
Step 1: Remove the old router.
Step 2: Insert the new router and ensure 230 V supply.
Step 3: Execute a soft reset: remove EasyControl from the ground plate.
Step 4: Wait 10 seconds.
Step 5: Place EasyControl back onto the ground plate.
Step 6: The display will then show:
EasyControl is ready to use.
Some routers have a hide function. That makes them invisible. In order to connect to the router, the hide function must be temporarily disabled. The router name will then appear. Now you can select the Wi-Fi network. After the Wi-Fi connection is made, the hide function can be activated again.
The MAC address is indicated on the sticker on the front of the quick reference guide. A MAC address is the address of EasyControl used in the TCP/IP protocol, which the EasyControl uses to communicate with the router and the server.
According to the standard guidelines, there are 2 characters that cannot be used in passwords, namely "$" and "!". There are routers on the market that do not comply with this directive. Therefore EasyControl deviates from the directive and supports "!" in passwords.
Tests have been performed with no problems.
EasyControl cannot work with a frequency of 5 GHz. However, such routers usually offer the ability to work with the normal 2.4 GHz frequency as many Wi-Fi devices operate at 2.4 GHz.
The following may provide a solution:
- Set the Wi-Fi channel to the least-used channel (download free ‘Wi-Fi Analyser’ app in Google Play to scan the area)
- Deactivate hotspots
- Enable DHCP
- Select WPA2/PSK encryption
- Make SSID visible
- Add MAC address as trusted devices on the router
- Open port 5222 and 5223. If you have a smartphone that connects to the same Wi-Fi network and you can send WhatsApp messages, these ports will be open and cannot be the cause of the problem.
- Shut down the router for at least 5 minutes for a reset
- Reset the router and set it back to factory settings
- Unlock ICMP protocol with UBEE Ziggo routers? Contact our Customer Service if UBEE Ziggo router is causing connection problems with EasyControl.
- Open port 5580
Channels 1, 6, or 11 are the best Wi-Fi channels because they do not overlap if there are multiple wireless networks. In that case, choose the channel that is used the least for the strongest connection. We receive positive feedback from users who have changed their Wi-Fi channel. Usually they are automatically set to 1 or 13. Often it's worth changing it to 5 or 6, which will make your entire network faster and more stable.
You can try the following:
- Set the Wi-Fi channel to a free channel between 1-11 (EasyControl does not recognize channels higher than 11) (Some boxes such as the Xperia Box go beyond 11 channels);
- Select WPA2/PSK password encryption;
- Select 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz;
- If this does not give the desired result, reset the router to factory settings to reset the values above.
One advantage of the EasyControl is that data is not stored on the cloud. Everything is stored on the EasyControl thermostat itself. If you remove your EasyControl from its ground plate, you have your data in your hand. You and your fellow users are the owners of your boiler data. When you use extra services (e.g. Bosch HomeCom Pro, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa / Echo) you share information with Third Parties.
Through the EasyControl app, you can allow your installer to view the data on your thermostat for a set period of time and, if necessary, change the settings. You can end your installer's access immediately at any time.
Bosch only stores the personal information needed to register your product for warranty, warranty and maintenance work, and servicing purposes.
All data required for the proper functioning of this product is stored locally in the product itself. When using the app, all data is stored on your mobile device. Only you can view it and change it with your personal access code.
Bosch has no access to your information
Bosch can see if your product is online but cannot gain access to your information. If necessary, you can authorise Bosch to gain temporary access to your product. The temporary access can be revoked at any time by turning it off in the app.
When changing your password, make sure you notify all the other EasyControl users of the new password.
The product software updates automatically. All data requested by your product for the updates will be sent in encrypted form. The coordinating and sending of data uses a secure server.
Weather information is taken from the Weather Company (IBM).
By using this product after purchase (and by installing and using the app) you are deemed to accept all the above. If you have any objection to the storage and use of your personal information as described above, you must notify us in writing. We will then delete that data we hold about you.
The EasyControl is not susceptible to viruses.
The EasyControl stores all data locally in the EasyControl itself.
Users create a Bosch account only once and register all Bosch products to that account. Additional services, like third party connections (e.g. IFTTT) can be used too.
Support – General
EasyControl’s consumption (display out) is approximately 0.5 W.
Your boiler is no longer controlled and therefore the heating will not work. In the event of frost, there will be some heating because every Worcester Bosch boiler has frost protection. The frost protection switches the boiler on when the boiler water temperature of 7 °C and off at a boiler water temperature reaches 17 °C.
The stolen thermostat must be replaced.
You probably have the RCC module connected which was required with your previous thermostat.
- A84-1870: A low battery has been detected on one of the linked wireless devices. Battery replacement is required.
- A84-1876: The connection to the appliance has been lost. No communication to the appliance is possible.
- A84-1869: The connection to a wireless device has been lost. Devices cannot communicate.
- A84-1871: The valve adaption process needs to be started on one of the linked Radiator Thermostats.
- A84-1872: The valve adaption process failed on one of the linked Radiator Thermostats. Reason: Valve is too tight to operate. Check the mounting of the valve.
- A84-1873: The valve adaption process failed on one of the linked Radiator Thermostats. Reason: Valve operation range is too big. Check the mounting of the valve.
- A84-1874: The valve adaption process failed on one of the linked Radiator Thermostats. Reason: Valve operation range is too small. Check the mounting of the valve.
- A84-1879: The valve adaption process failed on one of the linked Radiator Thermostats. Reason unknown. Check the mounting of the valve.
Is the error code you are looking for not listed above? Then please check the technical documentation of your heating system.
For more information, take a look at our online manuals, instructional videos or contact your local EasyControl technical support helpline.
- Undock the EasyControl briefly from the plinth
- Reset everything to the factory settings (Attention! Consumption data is lost)
- Restore factory settings except for the consumption data
- Not well balanced
- Built-in radiators/curtains over it
- Underfloor heating
- Learning curve immediately after installation. The ‘optimum start’ still needs to be tuned. After the first week, large temperature differences will have been been averaged.
- Are the slots in the thermostat itself contaminated?
- Is there an airflow through the junction box?
- Is there any direct sunlight on the EasyControl?
- Are there any heat sources that affect the EasyControl?
- Is the EasyControl covered?
The boiler modulates. The device burns at low load and then achieves the highest efficiency. It's cheaper to let the device burn than start anew every time. If optimum start is active, the thermostat shows a flame symbol. The boiler is active for heating to reach the desired temperature as defined in the clock program.
Yes, you can. You can increase ordecrease the temperature shown via the app by 2 °C in 0.5 °C increments.
Support – eService
If you have entered your installer’s data (company/installer name, email, phone number, etc.) then the email is sent to his or her e-mail address.
The email contains the following information (see template below):
Dear Company, Installer name
There appears to be a problem with my appliance:
Appliance type: Appliance type
Appliance status: Status of appliance including error and code/s
Appliance maintenance request: Depending on the above
Complaint description: Your description of the problem
Can you please contact me for an appointment?
This message is automatically generated and sent by the EasyControl.
Smart Radiator Thermostat - Electronic Thermostatic Radiator Valve (Smart TRV)
If you are using the Smart Radiator Thermostats from Bosch in combination with low temperature radiators, you need to define a high set point so the valves do not close during high room temperatures. The maximum set point of Smart TRV is 30°C.
Smart TRVs are compatible with a large range of radiators. There are three adapters (23,25.5 and 34mm) included and other adapters can be supported, please click here (PDF 0.4 MB) to see the list of radiator adapters
- Try to do a soft reset of the EasyControl and remove the batteries of the Smart TRV and put them back to solve the issue.
- Try to remove the Smart TRV that is not working from the EasyControl app in the Settings-Devices menu, do a factory reset of the Smart TRV by removing one battery, press and hold the mode key “0” and reinsert the battery. Hold down the mode key “0” and wait until “RES” appears on the display and the orange LED display flashes. Then include the Smart TRV again in the EasyControl app.
- Try to remember when the problems began, did something change at home? The placement of the EasyControl, a new TV, microwave, computer or anything that can cause disturbances in the Radio Frequency could be a potential cause of the Smart TRV problems. Try to move any potential sources of distortion to another location in your home.